This year has seen the second consecutive year when we’ve had a white Christmas, with experts speculating it’s a sign for years to come! This is one of the reasons why many brides now are choosing winter wonderland weddings over the popular summer weddings.
Many winter brides were over-joyed with the fairytale winter wonderland image that they had planned turn into a reality! We were so inspired by the romance of the delicate falling snow, and cosy roaring fires that we think it’s ideal for the bride who wants an unusual winter wedding twist on the classic white wedding theme. A winter wonderland wedding theme can be enhanced with a stunning snowflake cake.
Winter weddings can be especially ideal for brides, for more than just being beautiful. The colder months are low season for suppliers and venues, which means that instead of needing 1-2 years advance booking for your perfect wedding venue, it’s more likely to be available at shorter notice and at a cheaper rate. Also, during these quieter winter months, wedding suppliers will want your custom much more, and so will be more likely to give you better deals with attractive discounts so that not only are you spending less, but you’ll be getting more for your money too. This makes it easier for you to plan a beautiful winter wedding theme, and as many brides do, carry the winter wonderland theme into your cake.
To create a winter wedding cake there are many inspirations for a stunning edible centerpiece! Here are some ideas for a spectacular winter wedding cake:
– Pure white or pearlescent white, silver or gold icing over the wedding cake makes a striking Christmas wedding cake.
– A tiered cake with delicate handmade icing snowflakes with crystals adorning the cakes, for a sparkly snowflake cake.
– ‘Snow dusted’ pine cones with artistically placed winter branches and twigs over a white, tiered cake.
– You can have icing snowballs and snowflakes edging each layer/ tier of your winter wedding cake for a very winter wonderland theme.
– If you’re more of a traditionalist, you can have pure white flowers adorning a pure white cake, such as white roses or white orchids for an elaborate and beautiful winter cake.
– If you’d like something a bit more fun you can have your cake tiers designed like Christmas presents, wrapped with icing sugar ribbons and bows in silver or gold for a real Christmas wedding cake.
– Crystal and diamante adornment over the cake with snowflakes and snowballs, real pearls and icing beading for a very glamorous cake
– If your taste is a bit more contemporary then you could have individual snowball shaped miniature cakes in varying pearlescent colours, with various adornments for individual wedding cakes to compliment your winter wonderland theme.
– Perhaps something a little more romantic by adorning your cake with mistletoe!