The Side Ponytail with Curls is ideal for prom, a wedding, or special occasion. I have noticed a lot of celebrities wear this style too. I recently wore this hairstyle to my high school dance and it was perfect!
Not only did I get tons of compliments, but it also stayed in place all night. If you are looking to try a hairstyle that is simple yet very cute, I would definitely try this one.
- For this Side Ponytail you will need:
- Curling Iron (if your hair is straight)
- Teasing comb
- Bobby pins
Follow these 5 steps to make the perfect curls:
- Step 1: Take the top half of your hair and clip it up (so it is out of the way).
- Step 2: Split the bottom layer of hair (that is closest to your neck) in two. You want the hair to be on both shoulders.
- Step 3: Starting at the back, take 1 inch sections of hair and curl away from your face. Keep taking 1 inch sections until you have reached the front.
- Step 4: Repeat step 3 on the other half of your hair.
- Step 5: Take down the hair that was clipped away and repeat steps 2-4.
Now to finish this hairstyle, follow these 6 easy steps.
- Step 1: Curl your hair.
- Step 2: Section off a thin section of hair from the crown of your head and tease. Next take a little bit larger layer and tease that as well. Hairspray the underneath part that you just teased then smooth over the top with a soft brush. (Use a soft brush so you don’t ruin the curls)
- Step 3: Take a small section of hair from the front (the opposite side of where your bangs are) and twist to the back. Then bring all your hair from your right shoulder over to your left shoulder. Twist the front section of hair (if you have bangs twist them in with the front section) in with the back section of hair.
- Step 4: Put bobby pins in to hold the twist (Criss-Cross them). Then put another bobby pin down the center of the X ( X is created by the bobby pins).
- Step 5: Pull out a small section of hair from about 1 inch about the ear and curl.
- Step 6: Pin back any pieces of your bangs that may have fallen out and hairspray.
So, there is all the steps you will need to follow for this simple hairstyle.